Winds of change
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

AeroStar "Phoenix Tip Fix" « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
swierchris
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: AeroStar "Phoenix Tip Fix" Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a turbine that is from Mojave CA and supposedly had the "Phoenix Tip Fix" performed to the blades back in the early 1990's. Do you know what that fix would have consisted of?

Thanks,

Chris
abigel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Hello.. Reply with quote

Friends...Its become more an old model in this fast running world. So i like to suggest forget that blade and just go for something new, so that you can generate more power with less effort. hope you like my idea.
elektromat90kw
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: AeroStar "Phoenix Tip Fix" Reply with quote

swierchris wrote:
Hello,

I have a turbine that is from Mojave CA and supposedly had the "Phoenix Tip Fix" performed to the blades back in the early 1990's. Do you know what that fix would have consisted of?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I think that is an improved tip-spring mechanism for the AeroStar blades.

I have here a 1989's patent registration from the "Phoenix Industries of Crookston Ltd." Crookston, Minnesota

The patent describes their improvement:

with original AeroStar-Mechanism the blade-tip comes out at an defined rotor-overspeed to brake the rotor.

When the overspeed is breaked down, the tip goes back in normal position.

But when there is still much wind and the turbine has not been stopped by the turbine controller, the process will start again:
rotor-overspeed -> tip brakes come out -> rotorspeed slows down -> tip brakes go back -> and again the rotor is speeding up .... and so on.....

This process can create fatigue loads, when the rotor speeds up and has been braked continuously over hours...

As I understand the "Phoenix Patent", they improved the AerosStar mechanism and reach that the tip-brake stays out in a greater bandwidth when they are activated.
The tip-brake goes back in normal position only when the windspeed/rotorspeed has decreased significantly.

It is an interesting note, that at the Phoenix Ltd. adress (in Crookston, Minnesota) was the production plant of the AeroStar rotorblades in the 80's for the U.S. market.
When you google "Phoenix Industries of Crookston Ltd." , it seems that the company still exists.

Maybe you can get some more information there?

If I get your mail adress, I will sent you the patent in pdf.

Best regards from Germany,
Florian
marson
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: design Reply with quote

We all apperceive how admirable Replica Handbags are, but they are absolutely pricey, that is accepted knowledge. Abounding of us achieve for beating offs of the Fendi accoutrements because we just can't allow annihilation else. If you just ambition the basal look, beating offs are great, but if you absolutely ambition a Fendi backpack you can get one and you can do it afterwards breaking the bank. A abatement Fendi backpack is the way to go if you are a fan of Fendi but you don't accept a coffer annual that rivals louis vuitton replica that of Fendi. If you buy a abatement Fendi backpack you aren't affairs a Burberry Replica beating off or a replica, you are affairs the absolute thing, if you are careful. to my surprise, they were right. My bag was flawless. The stitching, the material, the ablaze covering strap, the accomplishment of the arrangement allocation and autogenous absolutely exceeded my expectations. The majority of my arcade is done online.Additionally, the straps of the bag are continued abundant to action versatility; it be go with http://www.louisvuittonstore.co.uk beat as a accept or cantankerous physique bag.

Jump to: