Winds of change
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

torque of the tip brake? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gerd30kwselfbuild
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: torque of the tip brake? Reply with quote

Moin Erik,

I have repaired my blades successfully! Now they looks like new one; )

now i try to mount the tip brakes, and i ask myself wich torque i should use for the spring. I have springs with 6,5mm wire.

in your database i found a numer of 5.4 Kp/mm what does this exactly mean? I need to know the torque in Nm..
and should i mount the hex nut with oil or dry?

hope you could help me,
tanks!!

gerd
erik
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Moin Gerd !

Congratulations with your repair..

The spring constant of 5.4 kp/mm should equal 53 N/mm -It gives the necessary force to compress the spring 1 mm.

If you measure the weight of a bladetip - and calculates the centrifugal force at - say 80 rpm - the spring should be loaded, so as to keep the blade tip in place at that rpm. Normally there should be a spacer tube (thin walled stainless steel) over the threaded rod - this prevents the hex nut from being tightened too much. When the spring is in place, and loaded (use an anti seize spray for stainless steel when mounting the secure nut. I think we used a bronze or brass nut towards the washer nearest to the spring, and then a securing nut of stainless steel.) you can test the working of the tips, by fixing the blade root - and pulling the blade tip out with a "elefant lever ??" via a load cell / scale .. use a broad-flat sling on the tip intersection - both sides of the tip shaft - ... listen ..., and ensure that no harm is done to the tip part ..
best regards

Erik
xermah
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can i star to repair blades correctly?
ajaymishra
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Wow, Erik, You seem to be really good with the science involving automobiles. I have joined this forum with the same expectation of learning a lot from knowledgeable members like you.

--------
Regards,
Ajay Mishra
Webworld Experts Reviews
laura12500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: UK Essay Help Reply with quote

Well I sang the words and made sense of it. It had all been said some time as of late. So I endeavored an other line that suggested the same. Regardless, it didn't have the slant. Moreover, the principal said significantly more. So I figure I'll have to state it toward the day's end. Thankful to you UK Essay Help

Jump to: