Winds of change
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Kaer Rotorblades indentification and datasheet?? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gerd30kwselfbuild
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Kaer Rotorblades indentification and datasheet?? Reply with quote

Hello!
I´m from the north of germany, and I´m on the way to install my selfbuild windturbine. Some time ago I had a chance to get some GFK Blades from an older farmer who has broke down his own windturbine some years ago.
Unfortunatelly he has no datasheets etc. from this blades anymore.
I think this blades could be some from "Kaer" because of the design and the aerodynamic brake on the tip.
On the bottom of two of the flanges there is "BDT 317" and "BDT188" written. Maybe this could be a kind of indentification code?
If it helps to identify I could also try to upload some pictures of the whole blades..

I neet any technical data of this blades (like rotor rpm, rpm from the aerodynamic brake, max windspeed...)
, and if possible i neet also some information about how much noise this blade produces ( I need this Information for the german building licence...)

The farmer said to me, that this blades are produced in the early 1980´s and the GFK hast naturally some damages mainly there where the two parts of the blade were glued, in the near of the flange. But for this topic later I will make a new thread....

I hope someone could help me and has some little time to answer my questions!

Thank you very much!!
greetings from germany,

gerd

PS: this is a very infomatically and good struktured homepage! I enjoyed to read !
erik
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

Hi Gerd

Nice to hear about such old blades - 28 years !

The blades are Økær (Okaer) blades , the blade that later became Aerostar... 5 meter blades of 4.8 m length. I am impressed, that the old blade numbers are still there - they were written with a simple speedmarker... The original set was finished June 20. 1980 (at my second sons 1 year birthday !) and sold to Walther Hase in Husby (Hauptstrasse 10a). The numbers were 188, 189 and 190. The "BDT" means B= second Okaer blade design. DT= DrejeTip (pivotable tip) the air brake system.
For some reason a replacement blade for number 189 was delivered August 4. 1981 - This blade carries the later serial number 317 !!

I have to search my brain - to see if some noise measurements were made back then - At least they were made for the 7.5 meter blade. But I am not sure if someone had noise measuremnts carried out for the 22 or 30 kW turbines ... (Maybe Bonus - Now Siemens) You could ask one of the old folks at Siemens Wind Power in Brande, Ejler Kristensen, who has been measuring noise at Bonus/Siemens for decades !!! He would love to talk/write to a year 2008 selfbuilder !

To get info /tech. details on the 5 meter blade you could sign in at Windsofchange.dk and subscribe ( 15 Euro) Then you can go to http://www.windsofchange.dk/WOC-81-86.php and download the brochures and technical stuff you want. If you scroll down to the pictures of Turbines in California Bonus 55 kW at Arbutus, and click the "brochures" button , you can download Aerostar3.pdf . The technical details for the 5 m blade in this brochure are the same as for your old blades. (Late brochures give info on the newer Super 5 m blade, which is enhanced.)

(Don´t go faster than 75 rpm with these old blades.)

That´s all for now, hope it helps you, and good luck.

Erik Grove
gerd30kwselfbuild
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the infos and datasheets.
What does the point 8 under the mounting details mean? (displacement of first bolt in bolt circle from centerline) When I make the first hole in the flange with a displacement of 19mm, do i have automatically the tip angel of 0 ° which is needet for a stall controlled rotor?
And the second question I have, is the recommendet coning angle from the rotorplane really needet? I planed to make a planar rotor.

Thanks for the remark, with the 75rpm. I have planed that my alternator should run with 1500 rpm by a rotorspeed of 68-70 rpm.

greetings from the sunny germany
gerd
erik
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site Admin

No, you do not need to have a coning angle for the blades, and..
You got it right - about displacement angle... (If the blades still has the initial twist)You could make oval holes to allow for some adjustment.
You can check parts of the old "manual" here: http://www.windsofchange.dk/WOC-81-86.php
click at "brochures" besides the picture of 7.5 m blades outside the earlier boat production. The "ast-manual-bits.pdf" gives tables etc. (just uploaded it ... Smile )

greeetings from sunny north western Denmark

Erik
marson
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Ban designs top cleft Cheap ray bans sunglasses for both women and men. If you cannot let them apperceive apart, there are unisex versions that will admonition you. A lot of Ray Ban ladies goes for the RB2373 tones. This archetypal is accepted a allotment of the fair intercourse. These sunglasses admission annular lenses put into a brownish frame. The aureate Ray Ban logo architectonics is afresh arresting about the accoutrements giving the shades a hot and adorable look. These can be present in two ambrosial blossom variations. For the Cheap oakley ladies who would like to admission added than just one pair, RB2462 is in actuality an even afterpiece alternative.
rosevivian
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Best brand of the handbags and Rolex watches for your choice Reply with quote

When you buy a Luxury Breitling Watches, you do your part to stimulate the economy.An investment in a Rolex Watches is one that will stimulate the retail market while adding grace and beauty in your own life or the life of a loved one.Whether you choose a luxury Hermes handbags to add to your personal wardrobe or as a gift to someone else, this is a challenging choice with unlimited possibilities on brand of Original Omega Watches.if the a 1:1 IWC; is made of gold, then this also places in the category "jewelry watch".The Rolex Submariner Watchesare worth checking out, as they are unique in terms of style and fashion.
joelle11
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joelle Paris’s hair care products are one way to get thick, glossy, and long hair. It will revitalize and nourish your hair naturally.
aseel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want the best tech gadgets reviews including mobiles, tablets, laptops or video games? Check the official AMEInfo website for getting the latest tech news.
aida3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the perfect gadget for your unique lifestyle among st these great picks. Here we present the Best Tech Gadgets including the reviews for all brands.
mattbrown
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Antivirus support Reply with quote

Antivirus Support -Contact for assistance on Antivirus, Internet Security and security software. Make your computer secure and virus free.
Norton number
MacAfee support number
trend micro customer service phone number
avast customer service telephone number
AVG antivirus customer support phone number
Bitdefender contact
Kaspersky contact
webroot support number
mary
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: AVG Customer Service | AVG Service Reply with quote

We provide you remote assistance through our [url= http://www.avghelpsupport.com/service.html] AVG Customer Service Number [/url]and conveniently get your problems fixed with the help of the technician. By following instructions given, the customer will be able to resolve problems with Antivirus software.
janifar47
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i am janifar lee what you shared ?

david98
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Coursework Writing Reply with quote

Forming Spot offers its respected customers a broad assortment of extravagances at monetarily Coursework Writing clever expenses. We truly watch out for the accomplishment of your insightful and master employment. Thus, we offer arranged organizations which join article, proposal, lab report, singular decree, coursework, CV making/adjusting, et cetera.

Jump to: